Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Fourth Experimental Result [Time Travel]

Some of the most interesting instances in this experiment were when I had to turn back the clock on my painting. This happened in several different ways.

The first was when I forgot for a moment my neurotic need to constantly save the painting. When I lost myself in the repetitious act of laying down paint and then blending the product. What I had to do when I wanted to save the images was this: I had to go all the way back to my last save point and then I had to move forward and save whenever I thought it was necessary. It was a dangerous process because there was high risk for seeing imperfections as I went back over every aspect of the image. I had to prevent myself from working on the blemishes because sometimes I had gone way past that point and if I corrected it, all the future work would be gone.

The second was when I needed to imagine something, imagine where a line that I couldn't see had to go. This happened in the first example. I needed to see where the petal would realistically go if it wasn't covered over by another flower. So I painted the path, checked to see if it was correct by outlining it, and then I would go back in time to erase that unnecessary line.

The third is obvious: I did something to the painting that I did not want done. What happened here was an immediate fix because I knew that I did not want the painting to be like what was wrong with it at that point. Sometimes, however, I would have fun with the mistake before I tried to fix it. This can be seen in the second group of pictures, where I made the petal look like an animal leaping.



=========================================================================





No comments:

Post a Comment